On 9/20/2018 2:04 AM, damian.pawski wrote:
On the Solr 5.4.x below query works fine:
    *
       "q": "*:*",
       "_": "1537429094299",
       "wt": "json",
       "fq": "JobTitle:(NOT programmer)"
     *

I'm surprised this works on any version.

See this page:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/NegativeQueryProblems

I couldn't find anything about this issue in the Solr upgrade pages.

I would have expected 5.x to behave the same, I am not sure how it is working.  As the versions progress, Solr gets more and more strict about how it interprets and translates query input, and there's a good chance that whatever changed was worded in a way that you'll never know which change is the one that made this not work.

Thanks,
Shawn