The challenge here is to figure out exactly what you are doing,
because the original description could have been 10 different things.

So:
1) You are using bin/post command (we just found this out)
2) You are indexing a bunch of files (what format? all same or different?)
3) You are indexing them into a Schema supposedly ready for those
files (which one?)
4) You think some of them are not in in Solr (how do you know that?
how do you know that some are? why do you not know _which_ of the
files are not indexed?)
5) You are asking whether the error message should have told you if
there is a problem with indexing (normally yes, but maybe there are
some edge cases).

I've put the questions in brackets. I would focus on looking at
questions in 4) first as they roughly bisect the problem. But other
things are important too.

I hope this helps,
    Alex.