I had a quick question regarding using Solr for doing fast geospatial
calculations against multiple locations.  For example we have a product that
takes 2 to 10 companies at a time (i.e. McDonalds 14,000 Subway 20,000, Duncan
Donuts 5000), and identifies and maps any store overlap based on a range
between 0.1 or 20 mile radius.   As you probably aware with this many locations
performing these calculations on the fly just takes too long.   Our initial
solution was to process all distance calculations via a nightly process so the
system just needs to retrieve them from the database.  This for the most part
has work really well and returns results no matter how large the dataset almost
immediately.

I know that Solr is very fast, especially in the Geospatial queries, but is
there any way it will be faster doing millions of on the fly geospatial
calculations, then having the calculations already done and just retrieving
them from the Database?

Regards,

Joe

Joseph Costello
Chief Information Officer

F&D Reports | Creditntell | ARMS
Information Clearinghouse Inc. & Market Service Inc.
310 East Shore Road, Great Neck, NY 11023
email: jose...@fdreports.com<mailto:jose...@fdreports.com> | Tel: 800.789.0123
ext 112 | Cell: 516.263.6555 |
www.informationclearinghouseinc.com<http://www.informationclearinghouseinc.com/>

[Help Desk]<mailto:soluti...@fdreports.com>    Need Help?  Click