On 10/17/2018 5:36 AM, Zahra Aminolroaya wrote:
What would be the challenges that I will confront with as my schemaless
collection has some indexed documents in it?

If the schema itself (the file named managed-schema that you might be renaming to schema.xml) hasn't changed, then the existing index will continue to work just fine, regardless of whether you're using the classic schema factory or not.

In solr 7, is commenting add-unknown-fields-to-the-schema the only
difference between schemaless and classic schema?

The add-unknown-fields update chain is not part of the schema.  It's in solrconfig.xml.  But it does *require* the managed schema in order to work.  The classic schema is immutable, can only be changed externally.

My personal opinion -- let Solr continue to use its default of the managed schema, but remove and disable the add-unknown-fields update chain.  It is the update chain that creates schemaless mode.

Thanks,
Shawn