Am using external zookeeper ensemble (3.4.6) and solr cloud (5.3).
Have 2 shards for a collection in solr cloud. Have 2 datacenters DC1 and
Dc2.
Each shard has 2 nodes, 1 on DC1 and another on DC2.
We have added DC1 nodes to solr-DC1 load balancer and DC2 nodes to solr-DC2
load balancer.
The application which sends the requests to solr cloud is on DC1.

1. When there is a search query from the application, will it hit first DC1
nodes in solr cloud ?
2. Only the leader does the write requests and then the replica replicates
to itself. If the leader is a node on DC2, will it still first hit DC1 node
and then go to DC2 node and writes there in DC2 node in the shard?
3. I have stopped DC1 nodes and still all writes and search requests work
fine with DC2 nodes in the shard.
4. Want to know, if the 2 load balancers we created solr-DC1 and solr-DC2
makes any sense here ?
5. when a leader goes down in solr cloud shard, Does solr cloud itself re
electes the leader and update in state.json in ZK znodes ? Or ZK elects the
leader on solr cloud ?
6. How does a search query work in this case ? I have seen log entries on
all of the 4 nodes for a search request.
7. I believe solr writes/search requests does not go through ZK.

Please assist.

Thanks,
Ilango