Hello,

I'm trying to perform the following query with edismax parser and sub-queries of edismax type.

f.f3.qf=...

f.f4.qf=...

f.f5.qf=...

((_query_:{!edismax qf="abstracts abstract_background abstract_objective abstract_methods abstract_results abstract_conclusions abstracts_names abstract_background_names abstract_objective_names abstract_methods_names abstract_results_names abstract_conclusions_names" q.op=OR mm=1 v=*$subquery1*}) AND (_query_:{!edismax qf="abstracts abstract_background abstract_objective abstract_methods abstract_results abstract_conclusions abstracts_names abstract_background_names abstract_objective_names abstract_methods_names abstract_results_names abstract_conclusions_names" q.op=OR mm=1 v=*$subquery2*}) AND (f3:("human" "patient" "participant" "volunteer" "subject" "elderly" "man" "men" "woman" "women") f4:("humans")) AND (f5:("diet" "dietary" "intake" "oral" "consumption" "supplementation")))

It happens that if subquery1 is of type

'subquery1': '("butter oil" "dairy" "ghee" "butter" "processed cheese" "cheese" "cream" "sour cream" "whipped cream" .... )'

and the list of OR'ed statements is < 1024 then solr outputs ~118K documents

otherwise, if subquery1 contains a list of OR'ed statements > 1024 (also 1025, also with non-unique words)

then solr outputs ~24MLN documents.

Can someone explain why this happens?

Thank you

Danilo

--
Danilo Tomasoni
COSBI

As for the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 on the
protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data,
we inform you that all the data we possess are object of treatement in the
respect of the normative provided for by the cited GDPR.

It is your right to be informed on which of your data are used and how; you may
ask for their correction, cancellation or you may oppose to their use by
written request sent by recorded delivery to The Microsoft Research –
University of Trento Centre for Computational and Systems Biology Scarl, Piazza
Manifattura 1, 38068 Rovereto (TN), Italy.