Hi,

I am also wondering how to disable leading wildcards in Solr. Can you
please suggest how to disable leading wildcards in Solr? I know in Lucene
it is a flag that's set to false by default.

> Do it on the client side. Just don't allow leading asterisks or question
marks in your query term.

This does not look trivial to me. A search query can be very complicated.
How do you suggest to detect trailing wildcards from a complicated Lucene
query?

Thank you