Hello,

How did you installed Solr?, have you followed this instructions?:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/taking-solr-to-production.html#taking-solr-to-production

On that instructions you first extracts an script file from inside the
tar.gz. Then running that script file with a few options, it install the
required files, creates the solr user and folders and starts (or not if you
use that option) the solr daemon from /etc/init.d/solr.
After all, you'll have a solr user, a file in /etc/init.d/solr that runs
the daemon at boot, and a file in /etc/default/solr (i don't rememeber the
entire name), that is for configure the daemon.

I'm not fully sure if is different on Ubuntu, but showld be similar.

Greetings!

      www.i2tic.com