I haven't had time to look into the details of this issue but it's not
clear that these two features will be able to be used together. Although
that it would be nice if the could.

A couple of questions about your use case:

1) After collapsing is it not possible to use the /select handler?
2) After exporting is it possible to unique the records using the unique
Streaming Expression?

Either of those cases would be the typical uses of these features.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/