On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Jake Conk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a field with the following definition...
>
> <dynamicField name="*_t_ns_mv" type="text" indexed="true"
> stored="false" multiValued="true"/>
>
> I'm not storing the data because I never need to retrieve it but each
> *_t_ns_mv field is indexed and has a specific boost value... I added
> this field with the word "test" as the value but when I search for
> "test" no results come up in my unstored field unless I put the word
> "test" in a field that is stored.
>
> Do I have a misunderstanding of how to use stored/unstored fields? Can
> someone help me clarify it?

You should be able to search on a field that is indexed but not stored
(otherwise there would be no point to indexed but not stored).  Are
you sure you issued a commit after you added the document?  Are you
sure you are searching that specific field?  Searches are field
specific and do not cover all fields.

-Yonik