Hi Everyone,

I'm building a SOLR search application and the customer wants the search to
work like google search.

They want the user to be able to enter boolean searches like:

train OR dragon.

which would find any matches that has the word "train" or the word "dragon"
in the title.

I know that the SOLR search would like this:

title:train OR title:dragon

I am trying to avoid having to parse through what the user enters and build
out complex search strings.

Is there any way that I can build a search against the "title" field where
if the user enters something like:

train OR dragon AND 2

it will hour the boolean AND/OR logic without my having to convert it into
somethng nasty like:

title:train OR title:dragon AND title:2    ????

Thank you!

--
*Fig Leaf Software, Inc.*
https://www.figleaf.com/