I’ve discovered the authorization works properly if I use the FQDN to access
the Solr node, but the short hostname completely circumvents it.
They are all internal server clusters, so I’m using self-signed certificates
[the same exact certificate] on each. The SAN portion of the cert contains the
IP, short, and FQDN of each server.

I also diff’d the two servers Solr installation directories, and confirmed they
are identical.
They are using the same exact versions of Java and zookeeper, with the same
chroot configuration. [different zk clusters]

Jeremy Branham
jb...@allstate.com