Hello,

I got an "Unexpected docvalues type SORTED_NUMERIC" exception when I perform
group facet on an IntPointField. Debugging into the source code, the cause is
that internally the docvalue type for PointField is "NUMERIC" (single value) or
"SORTED_NUMERIC" (multi value), while the TermGroupFacetCollector class
requires the facet field must have a "SORTED" or "SOTRTED_SET" docvalue type:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/2480b74887eff01f729d62a57b415d772f947c91/lucene/grouping/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/grouping/TermGroupFacetCollector.java#L313

When I change schema for all int field to TrieIntField, the group facet then
work. Since internally the docvalue type for TrieField is SORTED (single value)
or SORTED_SET (multi value).

Regarding that the "TrieField" is depreciated in Solr7, can someone help on
this grouping facet issue for PointField. I also commented this issue in
SOLR-7495.

Thanks.

Best regards,

JiaJun
Manager Technology
Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company
No. 201 NingXia Road, Room 6J Shanghai China P.R.
200063