Well, Tika would use different libraries to extract different formats.
So maybe there is a bug. I would just get a standalone tika (of
matching version to the one in Solr) and see what the output from two
sample files are. Then, I would check with the latest Tika, just in
case.

I would also use some non-Tika way to check what the dates are, just
in case the date is wrong during encoding rather than during indexing.
A low-probability chance, but just covering all the bases.

Regards,
   Alex.