Shawn,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to reply to my question and
for the info you shared.

I don't believe I ever found one example by Googling of how to define a
simple text field in SOLR.  I saw some examples of Text_General but as you
saw it wasn't what I needed.

Based on the info you provided I was able to get it working where Nutch now
crawls and indexes into SOLR without issue.    I rebuilt all my collections
with the proper field definitions using your example.

SOLR really should ship with a sample text field defined even if commented
out and only for example purposes only.  That would have been
most helpful.  Even a FAQ somewhere would have been helpful.

Anyway, you're the best and thank you again!!!!

Best,

Dave Beckstrom

--
*Fig Leaf Software, Inc.*