Specifically, the pre-processing can be done with
UpdateRequestProcessors:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_2/update-request-processors.html

In your case, you probably want to chain
*) CloneUpdate:
http://www.solr-start.com/javadoc/solr-lucene/org/apache/solr/update/processor/CloneFieldUpdateProcessorFactory.html
*) ConcatField:
http://www.solr-start.com/javadoc/solr-lucene/org/apache/solr/update/processor/ConcatFieldUpdateProcessorFactory.html

Note that ConcatField URP inherits FieldMutating URP, so you have some
flexibility on how you define the fields:
http://www.solr-start.com/javadoc/solr-lucene/org/apache/solr/update/processor/FieldMutatingUpdateProcessorFactory.html

Set the target field to index-only (not stored) and it will only be
used for search. The original fields can be set to be not-indexed, as
David already explained.

Regards,
   Alex.