: as integer or sint, in lucene are strings, and if you try to sort numbers
: represented as strings what happens is this:

Field sorting in Solr on both IntField and SortableIntField should work
becuase they both use the 'integer' FieldCache under the covers -- but
where you'll really see a difference is in Range Queries (it's
admittedly a slightly confusing aspect of hte name, but it's spelled
out fairly well in the example schema.xml) ...

    <!-- numeric field types that store and index the text
         value verbatim (and hence don't support range queries, since the
         lexicographic ordering isn't equal to the numeric ordering) -->
    <fieldType name="integer" class="solr.IntField" omitNorms="true"/>
    <!-- Numeric field types that manipulate the value into
         a string value that isn't human-readable in its internal form,
         but with a lexicographic ordering the same as the numeric ordering,
         so that range queries work correctly. -->
    <fieldType name="sint" class="solr.SortableIntField" sortMissingLast="true"
omitNorms="true"/>

: > > use? If we use sint how it is sortable? I test by {sort =field name} in
: > > query window .but it's not work properly.please tell me with clear example
: > > thanks in advance

can you elaborate on what exactly you have tried, and what you mean by
"it's not work properly" ?

-Hoss