Varma:

What version of Solr is running? You said master slave so you are not
running a solrcloud? Some mistakenly hold onto the nomenclature as
describing the leadership state.

When you look at the log do you have a window on the replication logging?

Search Queries are routed to the master for a given shard. Unless you are
using the distrib parameter?

why does it happen that a core goes corrupt? Any crashes or non
solr/bin/stop (service stop) downing?
Do you have an autocommit? Recent experience with backup issues suggest
that an open commit with partial persistence might cause this if a bounce
happens while that state exists?. (which is why we use solr/bin/stop or
service stop)

will martin