From: Oakley, Craig (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2019 10:58 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Basic Authentication problem

The hash value
"IV0EHq1OnNrj6gvRCwvFwTrZ1+z1oBbnQdiVC3otuq0=Ndd7LKvVBAaZIF0QAVi1ekCfAJXr1GGfLtRUXhgrF8c="
 is based on both the plain text password AND the plain test login. Since
"solr" is not the same string as "solr-admin", the password will not work. If
the only authorization in security.json is restricting security-edit, then you
can do anything else with any password, or with no password.

What you can do is setup the security.json file as specified in the Reference
Guide (whence you got the hash of the login and password), then use the default
solr login to run your set-user (to add the solr-admin user alongside the
existing solr login), then use the default solr login to run
{"set-user-role":{"solr-admin":["security-edit"]}}, and then (when you are sure
things are correctly setup for solr-admin) drop the default solr login