Aita,

Thanks for that insight!

As the conversation has progressed, we are now leaning towards not having the
ASCII-folding filter in our pipelines in order to keep marks like umlauts and
tildas. Instead, we might add acute and grave accents to a file pointed at by
the MappingCharFilterFactory to simply strip those more common accent marks...

Any other opinions are welcome!

--
Audrey Lorberfeld
Data Scientist, w3 Search