On 9/3/2019 7:22 AM, Porritt, Ian wrote:
We have a schema which I have managed to upload to Zookeeper along with the Solrconfig, how do I get the system to recognise both a lib/.jar extension and a custom core.properties file? I bypassed the issue of the core.properties by amending the update.autoCreateField in the Solrconfig.xml to false however would like to include as a colleague has done on Solr Standlone.

I cannot tell what you are asking here. The core.properties file lives on the disk, not in ZK.

I was under the impression that .jar files could not be loaded into ZK and used in a core config. Documentation saying otherwise was recently pointed out to me on the list, but I remain skeptical that this actually works, and I have not tried to implement it myself.

The best way to handle custom jar loading is to create a "lib" directory under the solr home, and place all jars there. Solr will automatically load them all before any cores are started, and no config commands of any kind will be needed to make it happen.

Also from a high availability aspect, if I effectivly lost 2 of the Solr Servers due to an outage will the system still work as expected? Would I expect any data loss?

If all three Solr servers have a complete copy of all your indexes, then you should remain fully operational if two of those Solr servers go down.

Note that if you have three ZK servers and you lose two, that means that you have lost zookeeper quorum, and in that situation, SolrCloud will transition to read only -- you will not be able to change any index in the cloud. This is how ZK is designed and it cannot be changed. If you want a ZK deployment to survive the loss of two servers, you must have at least five total ZK servers, so more than 50 percent of the total survives.

Thanks,
Shawn