Hi

I have several large collections that cannot fit in a standalone solr
instance. They are split over multiple shards in solr-cloud mode.

Those collections are supposed to be joined to an other collection to
retrieve subset. Because I am using distributed collections, I am not
able to use the solr join feature.

For this reason, I denormalize the information by adding the joined
collection within every collections. Naturally, when I want to update
the joined collection, I have to update every one of the distributed
collections.

In standalone mode, I only would have to update the joined collection.

I wonder if there is a way to overcome this limitation. For example, by
replicating the joined collection to every shard - or other method I am
ignoring.

Any thought ?
--
nicolas