Eek, Shawn, you're right -- I'm sorry, all! I meant to say the the QF (!)
parameter. And pasted the wrong thing too ☹ This is what ours looks like with
the qf parameter (and the edismax parser)

  <str name="qf">
              title_en^1.5 description_en^0.5 content_en^0.5 headings_en^1.3
keywords_en^1.5 url^0.5
  </str>

--
Audrey Lorberfeld
Data Scientist, w3 Search

On 10/22/19, 1:50 PM, "Shawn Heisey" <apa...@elyograg.org> wrote:

    On 10/22/2019 11:42 AM, Audrey Lorberfeld - audrey.lorberf...@ibm.com wrote:
    > I think you actually can search over all fields, but not in the df
parameter. We have a big list of fields we want to search over. So, we just put
a dummy one in the df param field, and then we use the fl parameter. With the
edismax parser, this works. It looks something like this:

    The fl parameter means "field list" and controls which fields are
    included in the search results.  It does not control which fields are
    searched.

    Thanks,
    Shawn