Hi,
I'm facing the same problem with Solrcloud 7x - 8x.
I have TLOG type of replicas and when I delete Leader,  log is always full
of this:
2019-12-28 14:46:56.239 ERROR (indexFetcher-45942-thread-1) [   ]
o.a.s.h.IndexFetcher No files to download for index generation: 7166
2019-12-28 14:48:03.157 ERROR (indexFetcher-45881-thread-1) [   ]
o.a.s.h.IndexFetcher No files to download for index generation: 10588
Unfortunately, by this error it's hard to say even what exact replica, shard
and collection is in trouble.
Sometimes, indexing helps - my guess that after commit slave replicas
somehow understands what index generation should be retrieved from new
leader.
Sometimes I have to restart node.

--
Vadim