On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 03:13:17PM +0000, Wolf, Chris (ELS-CON) wrote:
> [...]

For the version problem, I would try adding something like:

  <dependencyManagement>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.logging.log4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4j-slf4j-impl</artifactId>
      <version>2.11.0</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencyManagement>

to pin down the version no matter what is pulling it in.  Not ideal,
since you want to be rid of this dependency altogether, but at least
it may allow the spring-boot artifact to run, until the other problem
is sorted.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst