In my experience, enabling Tika at server level can result in memory heap space
used up under high volume of extraction, and bring down Solr entirely.   Likely
due to garbage collector not able to keep up w/ load, even tuning garbage
collector didn't resolve the problem completely.  Not recommend.
Steve