On 2/3/2020 5:16 AM, Srinivas Kashyap wrote:
I'm trying to upgrade to solr 8.4.1 and facing below error while start up and
my cores are not being listed in solr admin screen. I need your help.

<snip>

Caused by: java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException
                 at sun.nio.ch.SharedFileLockTable.checkList(Unknown Source)
~[?:1.8.0_221]
                 at sun.nio.ch.SharedFileLockTable.add(Unknown Source)
~[?:1.8.0_221]
                 at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(Unknown Source)
~[?:1.8.0_221]
                 at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock(Unknown Source)
~[?:1.8.0_221]

This appears to be saying that the index in that directory is already locked. Lucene can detect when the index is already locked by the same program that tries to lock it again, and it will say so when that happens. The message did not indicate that it was the same program, so in this case, it is likely that you already have another copy of Solr running and that copy has the index directory locked. You cannot access the same index directory from multiple copies of Solr unless you disable locking, and that would be a REALLY bad idea.

Thanks,
Shawn