Hey Audrey,

I assume MRR is about the ranking of the intended suggestion. For this, no
human judgement is required. We track position selection - the position
(1-10) of the selected suggestion. For example, this is our recent numbers:

Position 1 Selected (B3) 107,699
Position 2 Selected (B4) 58,736
Position 3 Selected (B5) 23,507
Position 4 Selected (B6) 12,250
Position 5 Selected (B7) 7,980
Position 6 Selected (B8) 5,653
Position 7 Selected (B9) 4,193
Position 8 Selected (B10) 3,511
Position 9 Selected (B11) 2,997
Position 10 Selected (B12) 2,428
*Total Selections (B13)* *228,954*
MRR = (B3+B4/2+B5/3+B6/4+B7/5+B8/6+B9/7+B10/8+B11/9+B12/10)/B13 = 66.45%

Refer here for MRR calculation keeping Auto-Suggest in perspective:
https://medium.com/@dtunkelang/evaluating-search-measuring-searcher-behavior-5f8347619eb0

"In practice, this is inverted to obtain the reciprocal rank, e.g., if the
searcher clicks on the 4th result, the reciprocal rank is 0.25. The average
of these reciprocal ranks is called the mean reciprocal rank (MRR)."

nDCG may require human intervention. Please let me know in case I have not
understood your question properly. :)

 <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>