I have a use case that I would think is a common one but I cannot find any help
with this use case.

I am wanting to do a query that returns a list of records that I will display
in an html table in an app.  This table only displays n records of the complete
data set, but is able to page through the data set.   This use case is handled
wonderfully by Solr, by specifying the offset and limit of the records in the
data set and repeatedly rerunning the query.

Another facet of this use case is to be able to filter the records returned,
typically by typing filter text in a search box.  This should filter the
records and only display those that match the filter string.  This works fine
in Solr with one exception.  I would like to be able to display with the table
the total number of record in the data set (which I can) and the total filtered
records in the data set (which I cannot).

Is there a way for Solr to return the total record count and the total filtered
record count (possibly based on the q and fq queries) ?

The only way I can see to do this is to run the query twice,  once with the
filter string included and once without.  This seems to e terribly inefficient.
 Is there a better way?

Todd Stevenson
Care Transformation Application Developer
Intermountain Healthcare
3930 Parkway Blvd |Salt Lake City, UT 84120
Office: 801-442-5112 | Cell: 801-589-1115
todd.steven...@imail.org<mailto:todd.steven...@imail.org>
[cid:image003.jpg@01D601FD.EACE4A70]

NOTICE: This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are prohibited from reviewing, using, disclosing or distributing
this e-mail or its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this e-mail and
its contents.