The property feature didn't work for me. I wanted to spawn Tlog types on
certain nodes and pull on others. I started nodes with a type key with
values TLOG and PULL but that didn't work

I didn't probe further but followed a workaround with starting solr on a
certain port where I wanted tlogs and another port where I wanted pull
types. Then set the policies accordingly and it is working for me.

You can try something similar if you like or if someone else replies, I can
also benefit from it.

Thanks,
Sandeep