Hello, James.

DataImportHandler has a lock preventing concurrent execution. If you need
to run several imports in parallel at the same core, you need to duplicate
"/dataimport" handlers definition in solrconfig.xml. Thus, you can run them
in parallel. Regarding schema, I prefer the latter but mileage may vary.

--
Mikhail.

--
Sincerely yours