Hi,I have a SOLR installation in master-slave configuration. The slave is used
only for reads and master for writes.
I wanted to know if there is anything I can do to improve the performance of
the readonly Slave instance?
I am running SOLR 8.5 and Java 14. The JVM has 24GB of ram allocated. Server
has 256 GB of RAM with about 50gb free (rest being used by other services on
the server)The index is 15gb in size with about 2 million documents.
We do a lot of queries where documents are fetched using filter queries and a
few times all 2 million documents are read.My initial idea to speed up SOLR is
that given the amount of memory available, SOLR should be able to keep the
entire index on the heap (I know OS will also cache the disk blocks)
My solrconfig has the following:
 <query> <maxBooleanClauses>200000</maxBooleanClauses> <filterCache
class="solr.FastLRUCache" size="512" initialSize="512" autowarmCount="0" />
<queryResultCache class="solr.LRUCache" size="512" initialSize="512"
autowarmCount="0" /> <documentCache class="solr.LRUCache" size="8192"
initialSize="8192" autowarmCount="0" /> <cache name="perSegFilter"
class="solr.search.LRUCache" size="10" initialSize="0" autowarmCount="10"
regenerator="solr.NoOpRegenerator" />
<enableLazyFieldLoading>true</enableLazyFieldLoading>
<queryResultWindowSize>20</queryResultWindowSize>
<queryResultMaxDocsCached>200</queryResultMaxDocsCached>
<useColdSearcher>false</useColdSearcher>
<maxWarmingSearchers>2</maxWarmingSearchers> </query>
I have modified the documentCache size to 8192 from 512 but it has not helped
much.
I know this question has probably been asked a few times and I have read
everything I could find out about SOLR cache tuning. I am looking for some more
ideas.

Any ideas?
Tarun Jain-=-