Thanks Franke, but yes for all these questions I did configured it
properly, I made sure to include

<Set name="KeyStoreType"><Property name="solr.jetty.keystore.type"
default="JKS"/></Set>
  <Set name="TrustStoreType"><Property name="solr.jetty.truststore.type"
default="JKS"/></Set>
in the jetty-ssl.xml along with the path keystore and truststore.

Also I have made sure that trusstore exists on all nodes and also I am
using the same file for both keystore and truststore as below
 <Set name="KeyStorePath"><Property name="solr.jetty.keystore"
default="./etc/solr-keystore.jks"/></Set>
  <Set name="KeyStorePassword"><Property
name="solr.jetty.keystore.password" default="xxxx"/></Set>
  <Set name="TrustStorePath"><Property name="solr.jetty.truststore"
default="./etc/solr-keystore.jks"/></Set>
  <Set name="TrustStorePassword"><Property
name="solr.jetty.truststore.password" default="xxxx"/></Set>

also urlScheme for ZK is set to https

Also the main error that I posted is the one that I am seeing as a return
response where as the below one is what I see from solr logs

2020-06-02 22:32:04.472 ERROR (qtp984876512-93) [c:default s:shard1
r:core_node3 x:default_shard1_replica_n1] o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
null:org.apache.solr.update.processor.Distr$
        at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedZkUpdateProcessor.doDistribFinish(DistributedZkUpdateProcessor.java:1189)
        at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor.finish(DistributedUpdateProcessor.java:1096)
        at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessorFactory$LogUpdateProcessor.finish(LogUpdateProcessorFactory.java:182)
        at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.UpdateRequestProcessor.finish(UpdateRequestProcessor.java:80)
[...]
org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:78)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:211)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:2596)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.execute(HttpSolrCall.java:799)
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:578)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:419)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:351)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1602)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:540)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:146)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:257)

One strange observation is that when I hit update api on the leader node
its working without any error, and now immediately if I hit non-leader its
working fine (only once or twice), but if I keep on trying to hit this node
again and again its then throwing the above error and once the error
started happening , its consistent again.

Please let me know if you need more information or if I am missing
something else

Thanks,

--
Thanks & Regards,