Hey,
We have a SolrCloud collection with 8 replicas, and one of those replicas has
the `property.preferredleader: true` set.   However when we perform a
`REBALANCELEADERS` we get:

```
{
  "responseHeader": {
    "status": 0,
    "QTime": 62268
  },
  "Summary": {
    "Failure": "Not all active replicas with preferredLeader property are
leaders"
  },
  "failures": {
    "shard1": {
      "status": "failed",
      "msg": "Could not change leder for slice shard1 to core_node9"
    }
  }
}
```

There is nothing in the solr logs on any of the nodes to indicate the reason
for the failure.

What I have noticed is that 4 of the nodes briefly go orange in the gui (eg
“down”), and for a moment 9 of them go into yellow (eg “recovering”), before
all becoming active again with the same (incorrect) leader.

We use the same model on 4 other collections to set the preferred leader to a
particular replica and they all work fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Karl
Unless expressly stated otherwise in this email, this e-mail is sent on behalf
of Auto Trader Limited Registered Office: 1 Tony Wilson Place, Manchester,
Lancashire, M15 4FN (Registered in England No. 03909628). Auto Trader Limited
is part of the Auto Trader Group Plc group. This email and any files
transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged, and
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.
This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.