Hello, all! I'm relatively new to Solr and Lucene (*using Solr 7.7.1*) but
I'm looking into options for optimizing something like this:

> fq=(tag:* -tag:*paid*) OR (tag:* -tag:*ms-reply-unpaid*) OR
tag:*ms-reply-paid*

It's probably not a surprise that we're seeing performance issues with
something like this. My understanding is that using the wildcard on both
ends forces a full-text index search. Something like the above can't take
advantage of something like the ReverseWordFilter either. I believe
constructing `n-grams` is an option (*at the expense of index size*) but is
there anything I'm overlooking as a possible avenue to look into?