On 7/10/2020 5:14 AM, mithunseal wrote:
I am new to this SOLR-ZOOKEEPER. I am not able to understand the
compatibility thing. For example, I am using SOLR 7.5.0 which uses ZK
3.4.11. So SOLR 7.5.0 will not work with ZK 3.4.10?

Can someone please confirm this?

According to what the ZooKeeper project has published regarding compatibility, Solr 7.5.0 (with ZK client version 3.4.11) should work with ZK servers from 3.3.0 to the latest 3.5.x, which is currently 3.5.8. Using Solr 7.5.0 with ZK servers running version 3.6.x *might* work, but there is no guarantee.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ReleaseManagement

And that is assuming that the newer version does not use any capabilities that did not exist in the older version. For instance, if you want to have a dynamic server ensemble, all ZK versions must be 3.5.x or newer, because that capability did not exist in 3.4.x.

Thanks,
Shawn