Thanks for the feedback, Colvin. We'll certainly try and do something
around making the deprecations more visible and easier to track for all
users. I'm not sure if 'news' is the right section, but I think it might be
good to have a section on the website for users to look at and get a better
idea about.

The PMC and committers are certainly aware of the importance of not
dropping desirable features but let's not hijack the release announcement
thread for this discussion.

--
Anshum Gupta