“there over 1000 of them[fields]”

This is often a red flag in my experience. Solr will handle that many
fields, I’ve seen many more. But this is often a result of
“database thinking”, i.e. your mental model of how all this data
is from a DB perspective rather than a search perspective.

It’s unwieldy to have that many fields. Obviously I don’t know the particulars
of
your app, and maybe that’s the best design. Particularly if many of the fields
are sparsely populated, i.e. only a small percentage of the documents in your
corpus have any value for that field then taking a step back and looking
at the design might save you some grief down the line.

For instance, I’ve seen designs where instead of
field1:some_value
field2:other_value….

you use a single field with _tokens_ like:
field:field1_some_value
field:field2_other_value

that drops the complexity and increases performance.

Anyway, just a thought you might want to consider.

Best,
Erick