Just go ahead and optimize/forceMerge, but do _not_ optimize to one
segment. Or you can expungeDeletes, that will rewrite all segments with
more than 10% deleted docs. As of Solr 7.5, these operations respect the 5G
limit.

See: https://lucidworks.com/post/solr-and-optimizing-your-index-take-ii/

Best
Erick