Piotr,

Based on the questions that we've seen over the past month on this list,
there are still users with Solr on 6, 7, and 8. I suspect there are still
Solr 5 users out there too, although they don't appear to be asking for
help - likely they are in set it and forget it mode.

Solr 7 may not be officially deprecated on our site, but it's pretty old at
this point and we're not doing any development on it outside of maaaaybe a
very high profile security fix. Even then, we might acknowledge it and
recommend users update to 8.x anyway.

The index files generated by Lucene and consumed by Solr are backwards
compatible up to one major version. Some of the API remains compatible, a
client issuing simple queries to Solr 5 would probably work fine even
against Solr 9 when it comes out eventually. A client doing admin
operations will be less certain. I don't know enough about Beam to tell you
where on the spectrum your use will fall.

I'm not sure if this was helpful or not, but maybe it is a nudge in the
right direction.

Good luck,
Mike