In https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_7/circuit-breakers.html
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_7/circuit-breakers.html>

URL to Wikipedia is broken, but that doesn’t matter, because that article is
about a different metric. The Unix “load average” is the length of the run
queue, the number of processes or threads waiting to run. That can go much,
much higher than 1.0. In a high load system, I’ve seen it at 2X the number of
CPUs or higher.

Remove that link, it is misleading.

The page should list the JMX metrics that are used for this. I’m guessing this
uses OperatingSystemMXBean.getSystemCPULoad(). That metric goes from 0.0 to 1.0.

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/jre/api/management/extension/com/sun/management/OperatingSystemMXBean.html

<https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/jre/api/management/extension/com/sun/management/OperatingSystemMXBean.html>

I can see where the “load average” and “getSystemCPULoad” names cause
confusion, but this should be correct in the documents.

Which metric is used for the memory threshold? My best guess is that the
percentage is calculated from the MemoryUsage object returned by
MemoryMXBean.getHeapMemoryUsage().

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/management/MemoryMXBean.html

<https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/management/MemoryMXBean.html>
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/management/MemoryUsage.html