Hi ,
Yes this look like related to sow (split on whitespace) param default
behaviour change in solr 7.

The sow parameter (short for "Split on Whitespace") now defaults to
false, which allows support for multi-word synonyms out of the box.
This parameter is used with the eDismax and standard/"lucene" query
parsers. If this parameter is not explicitly specified as true, query
text will not be split on whitespace before analysis.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/major-changes-in-solr-7.html