Yes, check performance before turning on the stats cache in prod.

When we tested the LRUStatsCache in 6.6.2, searches were 11X slower.

It should be possible to do distributed IDF with little extra overhead.
Infoseek was doing that in 1995 and the patent on the technique has
expired.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org