True, but Windows does cache files. It has been a couple of decades since I ran
search on Windows, but Ultraseek got large gains from setting some sort of
system property to make it act like a file server and give file caching equal
priority with program caching.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org