On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Matthew Runo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What happens when we use another <uniqueKey> in this case? I was under the
> assumption that if we say <uniqueKey>styleId</uniqueKey> then our doc IDs
> will be our styleIds.
>
> Is there a secondary ID that's kept internal to Solr/Lucene in this case?

There is an internal document id in Lucene indexes - an integer
starting at zero.  Since it's transient (can change with segment
mergers and is thus only really valid for the duration of an
IndexReader), Solr tends to hide those.  The uniqueKey has no bearing
on what the internal Lucene docid is.

-Yonik