Hi all,

I'm looking for ideas about how to best deal with a situation where I need to deal with storing key/values pairs in the index for consumption in the client.

Typical example would be to have a document with multiple genres where for simplicity reasons i'd like to send both the 'id' and the 'human readable label' (might not be the best example since one would immediatly say 'what about localization', but in that case assume it's an entity such as company name or a person name).

So say I have

field1 = { 'key1':'this is value1', 'key2':'this is value2' }

I was thinking the easiest (not the prettiest) solution would be to store it as effectively a string 'key:this is the value' and then have the client deal with this 'format' and then parse it based on '<key>:<value>' pattern

Another alternative I was thinking may have been to use a custom field that effectively would make the field value as a map key/value for the writer but I'm not so sure it can really be done, haven't investigated that one deeply.

Any feedback would be welcome, solution might even be simpler and cleaner than what I'm mentioning above, but my brain is mushy in the last couple of weeks.

-- stephane