Yonik Seeley wrote:
Not sure what would be the best
for error handling though - perhaps just polling (allow user to ask
for failed or successful operations).
Thats how I've handled similar situations in the past. Your submitting a batch of data to be processed, and if your so inclined to see how it went, you can inspect some kind of report object. If the batch process blocks, you could return the report object, or if not, you could return a batch/job id (with reports valid for x amount of time after they are done?).

It seems like a sound enough method to me, but it would be interesting to hear if someone has a better idea.

- Mark