very similar situation to those already reported.  2.9M bilbiographic
records, with authors being the (previous) bottleneck, and the one
we're starting to test with the new algorithm.

so far, no load tests, but just in single requests i'm seeing the same
improvements...phenomenal improvements, btw, with most example queries
taking less than 1/100th of the time

always very impressed with this project/product, and just thought i'd
add a "me-too" to the list...cheers, and have a great weekend,

rob