Hi,

I'm trying to use field collapsing with our SOLR but I just can't seem to get it to do anything.

I've downloaded a dist copy of solr 1.3 and applied Ivan de Prado's patch - reading through the source code, the patch definitely was applied successfully (all the changes are in the right places, I've checked every single one).

I've run ant clean, ant compile, and ant dist to produce the war file in the dist/ folder, and then put the war file in place and restarted jetty. According to the logs, jetty is definitely loading the right war file. If I expand the war file and grep through the files, it would appear the collapsing code is there.

However, when I add any sort of collapse parameters (I've tried any combination of collapse=true collapse.field=link_id collapse.threshold=1 collapse.type=normal collapse.info.doc=true), the result set is no different from normal query, and there is no collapse data returned in the XML.

I'm not a java developer, this is my first time using ant period, and I'm just following basic directions I found on google.

Here is the output of the compilation process:

I really need this patch to work for a project... Can someone please tell me what I'm missing to get this to work? I can't really find any documentation beyond adding the collapse options to the query string, so it's hard to tell - is there an option in solrconfig.xml or in the core configuration that needs to be set? Am I going about this entirely the wrong way?

Thanks for any advice, I appreciate it.

[ sorry if you get this twice, I accidentally sent first from the wrong e-mail address and I don't think it went through ]

--
Steve