Jeff,

Are you using Solr 1.3 replication scripts?  If so, I think it would be pretty
simple to:

1) put all additional files to replicate to slaves to a specific location (or
use a special naming scheme) on the master
2) write another script that uses scp or rsync to look for those additional
files and copy them
3) run this new script whenever snappuller + snapinstaller run: snappuller &&
snapinstaller && my-file-copying-script

It's not a part of Solr, but it's trivial to add.

Otis